Celebrate Halloween 2015 in Winnipeg!
The weather is cooling off and the leaves are changing, you know what that means! Halloween! It’s the time of year we can all dress up and get a little spooky! Which Halloween events are you attending? Don’t forget to check out the shopping mall list at the bottom! [Read more…]
Saturday & Sunday October 10 & 11, 2015
Canad Inns Polo Park
1405 St Matthews Ave
10:00 am – 5:00 pm
This event will have local reptile breeders, Winnipeg Reptiles & Prairie Exotics who are both sponsors/organizers and more local breeders, local pet stores. Many different Reptiles from snakes, geckos, bearded dragons, spiders, and more, and all the supplies you would need for all these pets! Many deals on all products and animals. Fun for the whole family! Best part is kids 12 & under FREE!
Tickets available at the door.
Visit Silver City Polo Park, Silver City St. Vital, or Famous Players Kildonan Place Saturday mornings at 11am for Cineplex Family Favourites. Watch a family favourite film each week for only $2.99. A portion of the proceeds goes towards supporting Free The Children.
It’s a fun and affordable way to enjoy the weekend with your family!
Don’t miss the Mega Model Train Show this year! It’s bigger and better than ever! Admission includes train rides around the event, my boys loved it! Do you like sweet potatoes? Or are they yams? I have no clue! I hope to find out at Yam Fest, bring a donation for Winnipeg Harvest and get some sweet potatoes of your own! [Read more…]
This is a show you cannot miss if you are or have a train lover in your family! We attended the show the past few years and my boys loved it. Now located in a bigger venue at Red River Exhibition Park, be sure you check both ways before crossing the 7.5″ scale train tracks that circle the outer perimeter of the room. My boys spent hours watching all different size trains going around their display tables and then rode the 7.5″ scale train around the arena over and over again.
Another thing you cannot miss is the giant Lego display, with trains circling complex themed Lego City, forests, and sea scapes. Look for the list of “Do you see” items, it can be challenging to find them all!
WHEN: Saturday, September 19, 2015 – 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
WHERE: MTS Iceplex (3969 Portage Ave.) View Map
- FREE to the General Public (all ages)
- FREE Parking
- First 3,000 fans will have the opportunity to watch one of three Winnipeg Jets Training Camp sessions.
- Admission to these sessions is limited based on available seating and will be allocated on a first come, first served basis. Fans that do not get into one session will be able to line up for the next one.
- First 5,000 fans on site will receive a FREE Complimentary lunch.
- Additional food and drink is available for purchase within the MTS Iceplex.
- Live Winnipeg Jets Player & Management Interviews – Moderated by TSN play by play announcer, Dennis Beyak.
- Bouncers, Contests, Giveaways, Displays, Arts & Crafts, Ball Hockey with Mick E. Moose, Music and Much More!
Visit the official Winnipeg Jets website for full details!
Don’t miss the Peak of the Market Family Fun Day! Free bouncers, pony rides, popcorn and a delicious breakfast or lunch with any donation! Spend the evening outside with your choice of 6 movies and locations this week. Take a drive to Falcon Lake or Morden and hit the midway! [Read more…]