St. James Civic Centre at 2055 Ness Ave is holding a Family Fun Day on Saturday March 18, 2017 with the following FREE activities:
- Free activities from 2:30pm to 5:30pm
- Free skating from 2:15pm to 4:15pm
- Free swimming from 3pm to 4pm
Cineplex has extended their popular Saturday Family Favorites to a daily event during March break!
For only $2.99 you can see any of the following movies:
- The Secret Life of Pets
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
For more information and updates, click here.
Shelmerdine has some amazing activities in their garden centre, the only downside is every event at Shelmerdine’s fills up FAST so register early! Here’s their spring line up:
March 18 – Pet Rock Tic-Tac-Toe Games
April 22 – Treasure Troll Plant Pots or Dynamite Dinosaur
May 13 – Kokedama Ball
June 17 – DIY Birdhouse
Spring Break – March 27 to 31
It’s spring break and local art teacher Barb Batulla has a fun, hands-on, week-long program planned for your budding artist!
Morning sessions for 6-8 year olds: 10am-11:30am
Afternoon sessions for 8-13 year olds: 1pm-3pm
Easter Egg Hunt – April 15
The Easter Bunny is hiding eggs for you to hunt for throughout the greenhouse. Face painting, treats and fun surprises will delight the kids!
Find more information and how to register at Shelmerdine.com
Landmark Cinemas is having a fantastic offer during March Break! For only $3 you can see select family movies. They are also donating $1 from each ticket to Kids Help Phone and you get a $6 Landmark coupon and $10 Boston Pizza coupon as a thank you! [Read more…]
Great students have great habits. 14 to 18 year olds can make the rest of the school year a little easier with the routines covered in this series of free workshops. Call 204-944-0898 or email email@example.com to register.
1. Study skills: when, how, what to study. March, 27 2-3 pm
2. Time Management: how to do it all – study, homework, friends, play. March 28, 1-2 pm
3. How to focus and avoid distractions – procrastination can be defeated. March 29, – 1-2 pm
4. How to manage exam anxiety – March 30, 1-2 pm
5. Learning styles – March 31, 1-2 pm
OPEN HOUSE INFORMATION:
Thursday March 16, 2017
830 North Drive in Winnipeg
More information to follow about a fabulous program with wonderful teachers in a friendly community. Did you know we celebrate 40 years of running this cozy preschool? #milestone #friendstogetherpreschool #winnipeg #openhouse #parentcoop
DRAMATIC THEATRE PRESENTS, LIVE FOR WINTER BREAK
SNOW WHITE & THE SEVEN DWARFS
Dramatic Theatre has generously given us two family passes of four tickets to share with you! Keep reading to find out how you can enter to win. [Read more…]
WHEN: Friday, December 16th, 2016
TIME: 7 p.m. Start (Doors – 6 p.m.)
WHERE: MTS Centre – 300 Portage Ave
- Winnipeg Jets players compete head-to-head in five events.
- First 5,000 fans to arrive receive a Winnipeg jets Draw-String Bag.
- Exciting prize giveaways throughout the night for all fans in attendance.
- Proceeds benefit the True North Youth Foundation and the NHLPA Goals and Dreams Fund.
A limited pre-sale for Winnipeg Jets Season Ticket Holders and Wait List members will begin Thursday, Nov.3 at 12:00 p.m. CT and ends on Sunday, November 6 at 10:00 p.m. CT.
Tickets will go on-sale to the general public on Monday, November 7 at 10:00 a.m. CT.
Ticket prices are $20.00, $15.00 and $10.00, service charges included. All seats are reserved.
For tickets and more information, click here.