Take a drive to St. Pierre-Jolys for Frog Follies and watch them race, celebrate Bird’s Hill Park’s 50th anniversary and Canada’s Parks Day with FREE entry to Bird’s Hill Park as well as all Provincial Parks. If you prefer to chill in the city, enjoy some of the many summer concerts around town or the Monarch Butterfly Festival at the Living Prairie Museum.
Don’t forget to check out our Guide to Waterslides and Beaches or just stick close to home and visit a pool or splash pad!
Make plans to visit Splash Island in Portage La Prairie this summer!
July 1 – September 4
- 11 am – Perfect Little Planet
- 12 pm – Search for Life: Are We Alone?
- 1 pm – Chasing the Shadow: This Summer’s Solar Eclipse
- 2 pm – Perfect Little Planet
- 3 pm – Live With the Stars
- 4 pm – Chasing the Shadow: This Summer’s Solar Eclipse
Explore the marsh all year round with a variety of daily activities.
- Join an interpreter on the trails for a seasonal guided walk through the marsh.
- Discover the creatures living in the waters of the marsh and learn about their adaptations with a close-up view.
- Paddle amongst the plants and animals of the marsh in our large voyageur canoes.
Each season brings new opportunities for outdoor family fun at Fort Whyte Alive. Bring your flock out for activities such as guided walks, all year long. Our weekend activities include interpretive talks, crafts, displays, and specialty workshops such as yard naturalization, photography, bison safaris, ice fishing, birding & breakfast, fitness classes and snowshoe hikes.