We always have a fantastic day at Splash Island, we can’t wait to go back! The kids must go down the slides over 100 times each! It can fill up fast, it’s best to be in line early to ensure you can get in and that you can find a shady spot to set up for the day.
1. It’s an easy drive – It takes about 1 hour from Portage Ave and the Perimeter. The Trans Canada Highway is four lanes most of the way, except for some portions under going construction.
2. Great Value for Families – The admission is so cheap! Under $35 for a family (2 adults and 3 children) and they take debit at the entrance, but you need cash for any treats at the concession.
3. Pack a Picnic – You are allowed to bring in your own food and drinks, so pack a lunch! Remember you have to bring everything inside the park in one trip so make sure you can carry it all.
4. Cheap Ice Cream! – The concession stand has Chapmans Fudgcicle, Revello and Drumstick style ice cream treats. Peanut free too! I’m not sure what other snacks they have, but I bet they are reasonable too.
5. Beach Entrance and Bubble Benches – The pool has a beach style entrance, a long bench with bubble jets and a few sprayers.
6. Lazy River – Bring a pool noodle and relax while you float down the lazy river, or try to swim against the current!
7. Bubble Gum Run – The kiddy slide for younger children and a wading pool with spray features!
Splash Island has two huge water slides for kids (and adults) taller than 4 feet.
9. Funnel Tunnel – Funnel Tunnel is completely covered and dark inside! You do not know which way you are turning or when it will end until you see the light at the end of the tunnel.
10. Fun Family Activity! – We had a fantastic day at Splash Island, we can’t wait to go back! It wasn’t too busy when we were there, but it can fill up fast. It’s best to be in line early to ensure you can get in and that you can find a shady spot to set up for the day.
For more information, visit their website and make sure to read the rules before you go!